Exceptional equestrian estate in historic Ridge Spring features
grand main residence, 22-stall barn, sparkling pool and outdoor kitchen
on 31.64 acres. The original Plantation Home (circa 1835) provides 3800
square feet of living space including 6 bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms,
formal living room, library, formal dining room. All bathrooms and
bedrooms have been remodeled to provide amenities enjoyed in modern
custom homes, yet maintaining the historic preservation. Windows have
been replaced with wood, exterior clad low maintenance insulated glass
with Low E. New roof. HVAC system replaced with high efficiency heat
pump system. Attic, roof and crawl space have been re-insulated with air
foam insulation. Hardwood floors, wall board and moldings have been
In 2012 the original home was expanded with an additional 5400
square feet of exquisite living space which features modern amenities
yet careful consideration to be consistent with the architectural design
of the original Plantation Home.
Home addition includes:
Farm, barn features and improvements:
- Gourmet kitchen features LaCanche stove/oven imported from
France, 2 ovens, warming drawer, pot filler, custom cabinetry, custom
overhead exhaust system, SubZero refrigerator and freezer with
additional refrigerator drawers, 2 Miele dishwashers, and Wolf microwave
- Theater room/office with JVC 3D large screen television with
- 750 square foot bar with cypress wood cabinetry, cedar bar top, ice
maker and refrigerator, wine rack, 3 televisions, handmade brick wood
burning fireplace with swamp cedar slab mantel, slate tile floor, farm
house style copper sink, rough cut granite countertops, and outdoor
covered antique brick patio with wood burning fireplace.
- Romantic, spacious master bedroom suite with sitting area and two
covered decks overlooking the farm and yard.
- Master bath designed for both him and her - custom cabinetry,
granite tops, double sinks, private toilet, spacious shower with dual
shower heads and back sprays, plus a steam shower.
- Sophisticated audio/video system throughout.
- Outdoor kitchen features Wolf appliances (grill, cook top,
refrigerator, ice maker).
- Exterior has traditional wood products with high end, low
maintenance Hardie Plank siding and moldings, a superior product that is
more durable, more resistant to weather, UV rays, and pets.
- Certainteed Symphony Slate composite shingle roof designed of
synthetic slate with the fine qualities of tooled craftsmanship, natural
beauty that mimics the look and feel of real slate but is lighter and
more durable. Excellent weathering capabilities and UV fade resistance
with a 50 year warranty.
- Gunite pool featuring multi-colored lights, hot tub/jacuzzi and dive
- The main barn is constructed of concrete block which is strong,
easy to maintain and cooler in the summer.
- 22 stalls featuring stable comfort mats which mimic real pasture,
encouraging horses to lie down, and greatly reduces sore hocks.
- 3 in 1 Pro Panel feeders with Stall Grazer design so the horse eats
in a more comfortable, natural position.
- All stalls equipped with Richie automatic waterers, aluminum doors.
- Main doors feature steel tubular construction and Hardi material for
long term durability.
- Exterior siding and trim replaced with Hardi Plank material.
- Custom window shutters, operable so the barn can be closed up during
- Fly spray system throughout the barn.
- 200 amp service, plus two 50 amp service hook-ups for motor homes.
- Second floor hay loft provides ample hay storage with operating
doors on all four sides for loading.
- Brood Mare Barn: Constructed in 2010 providing four 12x20 stalls
with Richie waterers and rubber floor mats.
- Large Outdoor Arena/Track: The base was compacted and 3-4" of a
sand/silt mixture installed to improve footing. The pasture could be put
back to its original state as the topsoil remains piled at the end of
- Dressage Arena with professional footing, cutting pen, round pen,
tack room, vet room, laundry.
- Five fenced pastures.